Are you looking into quantum machine learning yet?
Chris Fregly (principal engineer AWS and author “Data Science on AWS”) gave a fascinating virtual talk (recorded; worth a watch if you have access to the platform) at Big Data Ldn conference, which serves as a neat intro to folks without any physics background. A summary/preview:
- “QM is nature’s operating system”
- “Quantum fundamentals… we perform the compute in superposition”
- “Quantum gates/operators and circuits/algorithms”
- “Quantum eras and quantum supremacy”
- “Quantum data, QRAM, and error correction” (CC/CQ/QC/QQ)
- “Hardware differences, methods, optimisations” see AWS Braket
- “Quantum programming SDKs & simulators” ( including OpenQASM/Qiskit/Cirq/TFQuantum/Braket/Pennylane… to run QPUs)
- “Quantum ML algorithms”
- “Quantum use cases” (including simulations for chemistry)
- “Quantum highlights and lowlights”
Given his employer, he was able to live-demo (for free) a binary classification using quantum neural network…! Undoubtedly the most expensive live demo I have ever witnessed.